Friday, February 10, 2012

Flu and Scabies

Things are going pretty smooth at work but it is a little stressful being short one pharmacist.  We have one retired pharmacist coming in on wed. to help out, so that is nice but tuesdays and thursdays we only have one pharmacist until our new PIC starts.  Kinda a crazy time of the year to be short staffed.

We are expirencing the typical cold and upper resp. stuff but seeing alot of tamiflu scripts all of a sudden. 

Then headlice and scabies started going around too.  YUCK YUCK YUCK. 

I am glad there are 2 counters between them and me most of the time.  Unless I have to help run the cash register and that gets me down to one. 

I admit, I am a germ-a-phobe.   I am always on the cashiers to wipe down the counters and pens.  BUT I dont have any children to bring that crap home to me.  I rarely ever get sick.  And when I do, my kick ass immune system does its job.  I am not one of those jolly rogers,jump on the antibiotic at the first sign of a sniffle.  I have to be dying.  I am allergic to sulfa and quinolone antibiotics, so I am not about built up resistance to other antibiotics using them willy-nilly...but that is just me.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment