Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An update

So my manager had a talk with one of my coworkers about her inaproprate behavior and she said ok and she was sorry.  Within the hour she became hostile towards me.  He witnessed this and asked me about it later.  I wasn't even going to bring it up because I am use to her attitude at this point.  He was pretty dumb founded that she would blatantly disregard his authority.  We are owned by a non-pharmacist, so he is trying to find a way to resolve the conflict.  Both the owner and the manager are laid back, passive people so this has been a challenge.  I don't even think my manager has been able to talk to the owner about the issues yet. 

It is frustrating to me because these two other techs are idiots.  I am not even being a petty jerk when I say this.  These are two 30-something small town women who still have high school mentalities.  They think they are big fish.  The thing about big fish in a small pond is when you take that same fish and put them in a big pond and they don't look quite so big anymore.  Thats my view.  I grew up in a huge city.  My views and experiences are vast in comparison.  I am good at what I do.  I am efficient and well trained.  I am educated.  I come to work, do my job and go home.  Where ever I am needed, I will pitch in. 

Subsequently, my store owner has taken note of my hard work and dedication.  She has tasked me with other projects and jobs.  And there is an undercurrent of jealously.  I can certainly understand that.  I am not rubbing anything in any ones faces or trying to make anyone feel bad.  I often work one-on-one with her on projects not necessarily related to the pharmacy.  What am I supposed to do?  She signs my check! 

Jealousy is a green eyed monster.  It turns perfectly normal people into horriable humans who bully, gossip and hate for no reason.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Before I got my two current techs, I had the mother of all drama queens. there was so much backstabbing going on that it was nearly a crime scene environment every day. It really didn't matter what I did, what I documented or who I complained to, these two just went at it all the time. If I had an answer, I'd give it to you. Just do the best job you can, after all you know who signs your pay check and a job well done is always its own reward. You aren't answering to your other techs! peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chick!! That is what I keep telling myself, as long as my boss is happy with my work then I can hold my head up and look them in the eye. They think they can tear me down, but I have surrived alot worse. I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete